Saturday 25 June 2011

The Black Rider

Don't know where this shot came from, but one of my bike building gurus, Steve Elliott, sent it to me. Z1300s, or any six-cylinder bike for that matter, never did it for me, but this shot is great. Early Simpson Rx1 (I think), black slacks and he's even carrying off the tassled jacket with some panache. And those Adidas. I think they're Bambas. Never been re-released. Between the Kick and the Samba in the three-stripe family. Solid rubber soul, so never quite as glamorous as the Samba. G

4 comments:

Diplomate said...

yes - our rider wisely seems to have a good full grip o' the front brake !!!! What makes you think it's a bloke ? Those Bambas look about a size 6, the choice of bike, the tassles, the tip-toe action etc all point to this being a girl

FlatTel said...

Your forgetting one thing, its a Z1300.
Anyone under 6'4 and 17 stone looks like a girl sat on one..

andrewdavidtaylor said...

Hey Mr Diplomate...I take you to task on the "rider's" shoe size...I'm only a size 6 (7 on a good day, if the blood is flowing correctly !) & I'm defo a man....ask Minx !! You know what they say about a gent with a small foot .....If he's really lucky, the Size 6 cool NOS trainers fall into the kids section with no VAT !! Mr Minx

Anders said...

Oh how I wanted a Black Simpson to go with my black DT50..