Thursday 16 June 2011

New leathers, Old leathers

Patches covered in plastic to keep them fresh.
All the US flat track racers wear two-piece leathers (though they wear MX gear on the short tracks), but most UK short track racers who wear leathers have one-piece suits. When it came time to change my race kit, a two-piece made more sense. I got hold of an Icon Overlord zip together two-piece, with over the boot Overlord trousers. They look and feel good, well ventilated, comfortable and snug. I haven't had chance to crash in them yet. It shouldn't take long though. I had the Skooter Farm and Sideburn patches stitched on the front, my race number and Sideburn logo on the back and 4in cut off the bottom of the leathers. Zak Leathers in Northampton did it for £95.
My old Hein Gericke suit is retired. I can't remember the name of the style and they don't sell it any more anyway. I loved it. Well made for the price, crashed well, though the actual armour was from the budget end of things. It has a zip out inner suit I ripped, but all in all, it stood up to over two years of abuse, crashing, dirt and sweat better than expected. G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stick the old un's on flea bay, im sure theyll get used somewhere!