Tuesday 10 March 2015

Like Stuff Off a Shovel

Seems like Dirt Quake 2014 Chopper Class Champion Guy Martin is turning his hand to another style of bike racing and intends to compete in some niche event called the Isle of Man TT. Unfortunately, despite being a demon racer when it comes to Harley Sportsters on dirt ovals, Guy has been given some old, air-cooled boxer BMW to compete on at the TT.

Still, he's putting on a brave face. This is what he says after yesterday, his first day of testing in Almeria, Spain.

“I have hardly touched a thing on the Tyco BMW S1000RR apart from footrests and bars and I’m more than impressed already. It’s that nimble and has such a great feel, you could ride it for a lifetime; it really is a mega bike. 

“We rode today on used tyres, which does help you get a good feeling for a bike, and I had one hundred percent confidence in it and felt great. It goes like ‘you know what… off a shovel’ and even though I haven’t ridden a competitive bike for around six months, I know fast when I ride it, and it did everything I asked of it. 

“If I’m honest I’ve got more out of the first day on this bike than I did here last year for three days – so take from that what you will.”

We wish him well. If you want to see Guy's Dirt Quake adventure watch the video below. If you want to see his next Dirt Quake adventure in person, get along to Dirt Quake IV at King's Lynn, 17-18 July. G

1 comment:

Pete Stansfield said...

I'll 'ave 'im this year !